I've had my initial sisterlock consultation. I'm scheduled for an installation on September 28.
After the consultation, I was very excited about the prospect of getting sisterlocks. Before the consultation, I was not 100% certain if that is what I wanted to do.
Since my consultation, I've been going back and forth. I try to tell myself to stay committed to my decision and give it a try. But some days, like today - I'm just not certain.
What am I not certain about?
- The overall look - I see some sisterlock styles that I like and then some that I don't, so I can't say that I like all sisterlocks.
- I will not be able to do the wash, gel, wave/curl and go anymore
- I will not be able to twist my hair anymore (I think)
- When my sisterlocks grow, will I pretty much be in the same boat that I am in now - wearing a ponytail.
Why do I want to get sisterlocks?
- I like the elongation it adds to the hair. That way if I do a twist out (which is my favorite style - by the way), I won't have to blow dry it first.
- I really like the styles that my consultant has on her website http://www.nolye.com/
- It takes a very long time to style my 9 inch long natural hair.
- With all of the time it takes to style, the style does not last more than two days. That's unless I do a style that is two strand twist based.